Monday, January 3, 2022

PT-2 "Submission" (Matt. 11:29-30)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 1/3/2022 10:24 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                                                 Focus:  PT-2 “Submission”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                              Reference:  Matthew 11:29-30

 

            Message of the verses:  29 Put on my yoke and learn from me. For I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light’” (Philips).

 

            Think about an unbeliever as one thinks of a baby.  A baby has neither the understanding nor the ability to help itself, and so it is when a person comes to Jesus Christ as the power of salvation is entirely of grace and has nothing to do with works.  A person cannot be saved by works, but a believer does work for the cause of Christ after they have come to know Him as Savior and Lord.

 

            We see in verse 29 that Jesus is gentle and humble in heart, and that He gives rest, and not weariness to the souls of the ones who submit to Him and do His work.  Our Lord’s yoke is easy, and His load is light.  His burden is not like that of Pharaoh, who bitterly burdened the children of Israel when they were slaves in Israel, and also the Pharisees who burdened the Jews during Jesus’ time on earth, as they burdened the Jews with legalism.

 

            MacArthur writes “Christ never oppresses us or give us a burden too heavy to carry.  His ‘yoke’ has nothing to do with the demands of work or law, much less those of human tradition.  The Christian’s work of obedience to Christ is joyful and happy.  ‘For,’ as John explains, ‘this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome” (1 John 5:3).”

 

            The fact is that submission to Jesus Christ brings the greatest liberation a person can experience, which is actually the only true liberation he can experience, because only through Christ is he freed to become exactly what God created him to be.

 

            We close with a poem that is written by William E. Blackstone and is in the MacArthur commentary.

 

“Thy precious will, O conquering Saviour,

Doeth now embrace and compass me

All discords hushed, my peace a river

My soul a poisoned bird set free.

Sweet will of God still fold me closer,

Till I am wholly lost in thee.”

 

            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  As I look at this poem that is something that I desire to understand and follow so that Christ can work through me to do His will in my life.

 

My Steps of Faith for Today:  Remember the sermon on anger last night and follow those instructions that was given in that sermon.

 

1/3/2022 10:44 AM

 

           

No comments:

Post a Comment