Tuesday, January 18, 2022

PT-1 "The Insurrection" (Matt. 12:14)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 1/18/2022 8:34 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                                         Focus:  PT-1 “The Insurrection”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Matthew 12:14

 

            Message of the verse:  14 But the Pharisees went out, and counseled together against Him, as to how they might destroy Him.”

 

            As I think about what we have been writing over the past few days about the hardness of heart that the Pharisees had it reminds me of a number of things.  The first thing that it reminds me of is what sin did to people right after Adam and Eve sinned.  They hid from God, and tried to cover their sin by making clothes to cover their nakedness.  They immediately died spiritually, and the effect of that has gone to every person who has been born since.  Eventually they died physically, and got a glimpse of  when Cain killed Able, which is the first recorded death in the Word of God.  I remember a story, that I have probably have told different times on my blogs, and that story is about a Pastor we had at a church I used to go to.  We had an undertaker going to our church at the time and we were talking about being spiritually dead.  The Pastor asked the undertaker if any of his clients could ever respond if he asked them what color of tie they wanted to be buried in.  Of course all his clients were dead and could not respond.  As we look back at our story about the Pharisees we know that they had witnessed miracle after miracle that Jesus had done, and yet because they were spiritual dead those miracles did nothing to move their dead heart to repentance. 

 

            I truly believe that the Bible teaches that God has chosen people before the foundation of the earth that will respond to the effectual call that the Holy Spirit gives to them for salvation.  I also believe that people have to respond to that call, and this is also taught in the Bible.  I also believe that no one can totally understand this, which is why I have to go to Deuteronomy 29:29 which says “"The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law.”  This is one of the secret things that belong to the Lord and so it has to be one of the things that we have to take by faith, trusting the Lord.  There have been a number of times that I have had to go to that verse after reading things that I don’t understand in the Word of God, and as the middle of that verse says “the things revealed belong to us,” and what this means to me is that the things that we do understand we need to obey, trusting the Lord that His Holy Spirit will cause us to obey the things that we are suppose to obey that are found in the Scripture.  “Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him” (Col. 2:6).  How are we saved?  We are saved by grace through faith, and this is how we are to walk worthy in the Lord, knowing that on our own we can’t do it, no more than on our own, and in our own strength we can become a true believer in Jesus Christ.

 

            Well this SD was very short, but it gave me a chance to say some things that I wanted to say.  By the way I don’t think that there were too many Pharisees that came to know Christ as their Savior, but one did for sure and he wrote a good portion of the New Testament letters.

 

1/18/2022 8:55 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment