Friday, June 2, 2023

PT-4 "The Exactness of Prophecy" (Matt. 21:1b-7)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 6/2/2023 9:33 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                        Focus:  PT-4 “The Exactness of Prophecy”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                Reference:  Matthew 21:1b-7

 

            Message of the verses:  then Jesus sent two disciples, 2 saying to them, "Go into the village opposite you, and immediately you will find a donkey tied there and a colt with her; untie them, and bring them to Me. 3 “And if anyone says something to you, you shall say, ‘The Lord has need of them,’ and immediately he will send them." 4 Now this took place that what was spoken through the prophet might be fulfilled, saying, 5 “SAY TO THE DAUGHTER OF ZION, ‘BEHOLD YOUR KING IS COMING TO YOU, GENTLE, AND MOUNTED ON A DONKEY, EVEN ON A COLT, THE FOAL OF A BEAST OF BURDEN.’" 6 And the disciples went and did just as Jesus had directed them, 7 and brought the donkey and the colt, and laid on them their garments, on which He sat.”

 

            For those of you who read my last Spiritual Diary you may remember that I said that it would be the last one written on the verses above, but there is just a little bit more and what I want to do is finish this section this morning with a quotation from John MacArthur’s commentary.  Yesterday’s SD was very long and I don’t like to make my Spiritual Diaries too long, so I will make up by quoting this one paragraph from MacArthur’s commentary this morning, and then Lord willing, I will begin by looking at the next sub-section, “The Epitome of Praise” in my next SD.

 

            “None of the disciples, including the two sent for the donkey, understood the Lord’s purpose in this or in the other great events of the coming week.  ‘These things His disciples did not understand at the first, John said; ‘but when Jesus was glorified, then they remembered that these things were written of Him, and that they had done these things to Him’ (John 12:16).  But the two obediently went and did just as Jesus had directed them, and brought the donkey and the colt.  Because they had no blankets to pad the animals’ backs and were not sure which one He would ride, they laid on both of them their garments, on which He sat.  Jesus chose the colt, the smallest and lowliest of the two, and mounted it with the help of the disciples (Luke 19:35).”

 

            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  I want to focus in on verse six “And the disciples went and did just as Jesus had directed them.”  In this short verse lies one of the most important things that I need to do, and that is do just as Jesus directs me to do for the cause of Christ.

 

My Steps of Faith for Today:  I desire to do the things that God has planned for me to do before the earth was formed. 

 

6/2/2023 9:49 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment