Friday, September 8, 2023

PT-4 "The Response of the Lord" (Matt. 22:37-40)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 9/8/2023 9:27 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                           Focus: PT-4 “The Response of the Lord”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                              Reference:  Matthew 22:37-40

 

            Message of the verses:  37 And He said to him, "’YOU SHALL LOVE THE

LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ 38 “This is the great and foremost commandment. 39 “The second is like it, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ 40 “On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.’”

 

            It is the person who truly loves the Lord with all of his heart and soul and mind who trusts Him and will obey Him.  How does this person demonstrate his love?  He does it by obeying Him.  We can also add that that person will meditate on God’s glory as seen in Psalm 18:1-3 “"I love You, O LORD, my strength." 2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. 3 I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, And I am saved from my enemies.”  Next in Psalm 31:23 we learn that the person who loves the Lord trusts in His divine power:  “O love the LORD, all you His godly ones! The LORD preserves the faithful And fully recompenses the proud doer.”  Next he will be seeking fellowship with God as seen in Psalm 63:1-8 “O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water. 2 Thus I have seen You in the sanctuary, To see Your power and Your glory. 3 Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise You. 4 So I will bless You as long as I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. 5 My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness, And my mouth offers praises with joyful lips. 6 When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches, 7 For You have been my help, And in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy. 8 My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me.”  Next this person who loves the Lord will meditate on the Law of the Lord as seen in Psalm 119:165 “Those who love Your law have great peace, And nothing causes them to stumble.” He will be sensitive to how God feels seen in Psalm 69:9 “For zeal for Your house has consumed me, And the reproaches of those who reproach You have fallen on me.”  He will love what God loves (Psalm 119:72, 97, 103) “72 The law of Your mouth is better to me Than thousands of gold and silver pieces. 97 O how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day. 103 How sweet are Your words to my taste! Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth!  He will love who God loves 1 John 5:1 “Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him.”  He will hate what God hates as seen in Psalm 97:10 “Hate evil, you who love the LORD, Who preserves the souls of His godly ones; He delivers them from the hand of the wicked.”  He will grieve over sin as seen in Matthew 26:75 “And Peter remembered the word which Jesus had said, "Before a rooster crows, you will deny Me three times." And he went out and wept bitterly.”  He will reject the world as seen in 1 John 2:15 “Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.”  He will long to be with Christ as seen in 2 Timothy 4:8 “in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.”  Finally he will desire to obey God wholeheartedly as seen in John 14:21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him."

 

            It was my desire to put all of these verses on this SD so that as one reads them and thinks about them they may be like me and see that in my humanness that they cannot do all of what is seen in these verses, but that they will desire to do them, and ask the Holy Spirit to fill them so that they can understand these verses and then love the Lord will all of their heart, mind, and strength.

 

9/8/2023 10:00 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment