Monday, August 31, 2026

“The Conclusion” (Luke 7:35)

MORNING SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 8/31/2026 10:21 AM

My Worship Time                                                                                   Focus: “The Conclusion”

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                                       Reference:  Luke 7:35

            Message of the verse:  “Yet wisdom is vindicated by all her children.”

            I have to say that this will be another of my shorter SD’s as I conclude this section that I have been working on for several days.

            Now not all who hear the gospel message will reject it, as Jesus says wisdom is vindicated, which means that it is (justified or proven true ) by all her children, or as the parallel account in Matthew phrases it, “deeds” seen in Matthew 11:19.  Now both terms refer to the product of true spiritual wisdom, which is salvation as seen in 2 Timothy 3:15.  “15  and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in to make thee wise unto salvation Christ Jesus.”  Despite the scoffing spiritual brats, the gospel will always produce results; there will always be some who accept it.  Their lives will demonstrate the power of salvation wisdom.

            John MacArthur concludes this short section which will conclude this 17th chapter in his second commentary on the gospel of Luke by writing “The Lord’s masterful illustration reveals that there are two kinds of spiritual children in every generation: folly’s brats and wisdom’s children.  The brats are fools devoid of true wisdom and marked by a hatred of the truth and rejection of those who proclaim it.  On the other hand, wisdom’s children, the redeemed, are known by the righteous deeds their transformed lives produce (Eph. 2:10; cf. 2 Cor. 5:17).

(Eph. 2:10; cf. 2 Cor. 5:17)

“10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.”

“17  Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.”

“The preacher’s style is not the determining factor; ‘not the cleverness of the messenger, ‘is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes’ (Rom. 1:16).  The same ‘word of the cross’ that ‘is foolishness to those who are perishing’ is to those ‘who are being saved…the power of God’ (1 Cor. 1:18).”

Spiritual Meaning for my life today:  I can remember back after I was saved that I was explaining the gospel message to a friend of mine, the same message that the Lord through His Holy Spirit was given to me, and in my friend it had no meaning at all.  This friend of mine will look at the Spiritual Diaries I post on my FB page.  He went through the same thing that I went through a month ago, that is the loss of his wife.

My Steps of Faith for Today:  I am trusting the Lord to help me get through me living alone, as that is a problem for me.  I try to keep busy by doing all of my Spiritual Diaries each day, by attending all the services at our church, and by walking at least four miles each day, but the time alone in the evening is the most difficult for me. 

8/31/2026 10:43 AM


No comments:

Post a Comment