Sunday, January 14, 2024

PT-1 "The Sign in the Sky" (Matthew 24:30a)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 1/14/2024 7:25 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                                    Focus:  PT-1 “The Sign in the Sky”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Matthew 24:30a

 

            Message of the verse:  “and then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky”

 

            I have to say that when I changed cell phones that I had a hard time hooking up my hearing aids to it so that I could listen to the sermons from John MacArthur, and I missed listening to them as he usually adds more things to his sermons than are written in his commentaries.  I really do not like change when it comes to things that I do in preparing my Spiritual Diaries, and I guess that is because I am getting older and like to continue to do the things that I do each and every day.  Now at this time, before I get into what will probably be a short SD today because it is Sunday I want to quote a paragraph from the Spiritual Diary that I put on my other blog this morning from Daniel chapter six as it really spoke to my heart and I hope it will speak to more hearts as it is read here on this Spiritual Diary.

 

            “We read at the end of Dr. Wiersbe’s commentary on this section the following:  “The most important part of a believer’s life is the part that only God sees, our daily private time of meditation and prayer.  ‘You pray as your face is set,’ said British theologian P. T. Forsythe, ‘towards Jerusalem or Babylon.’  Most of the world begins the day looking toward the world and hoping to get something from it, but the Christian believer looks to the Lord and His promises and enters each new day by faith.  Outlook determines outcome, and when we look to the Lord for His guidance and help each day, we know that the outcome is in His hands and that we have nothing to fear.  ‘Real true faith is man’s weakness leaning on God’s strength,’ said D. L. Moody, and we might add man’s weakness transformed into God’s strength (Heb. 11:34).”

 

            Now back to Matthew 24 as we see next that Jesus describes the supreme sign of His “coming, and of the end of the age,” about which the disciples had asked a few moments earlier in verse three “As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?’”  Now I know that this seems like a long time ago when we looked at this verse, but real time when this was going on it was only moments earlier.  Now Jesus had already mentioned a number of lesser, though astounding, signs that would come before His coming, and these included the sign of the abomination of desolation that would precipitate them as seen in verses 14-15.  But the sign of signs and that is the greatest sign of all will be the Son of Man himself, who will appear in the sky.  Now think of that for a moment and let me just write a little bit about what this all means, and I know that I cannot exhaust this subject but I will give some information that may help. Before this happens, that is the second coming of Jesus Christ, there will be an ending to the church age which is called the rapture of the church, so at this time that Jesus is talking about the church will have already gone to heaven.  I think that the best passage that talks about the rapture is found in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.  All that Jesus talks about in Matthew 24-25 is about the tribulation period, which as mentioned before is the 70th week of Daniel’s prophecy found in the ninth chapter of Daniel verses 24-27.  The seventh week of Daniel is made up of seven “Biblical years” made up of 360 day years. 

 

            Now that will end up this SD and Lord willing I will pick up where I left off in the next SD.

 

1/14/2024 8:22 AM  

No comments:

Post a Comment