Friday, January 19, 2024

The Selection by the Angels (Matt. 24:31)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 1/19/2024 8:13 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                               Focus:  “The Selection by the Angels”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                    Reference:  Matthew 24:31

 

            Message of the verse:  “And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.”

 

            I think that a study of angels is something that is worthwhile for all believers to do as they certainly are important for the work of the Lord.  It is my opinion that the Lord created all the angels shortly before He created the earth and the stars, and the reason that I say that is because Lucifer was one of the top angels that God created and he then turned into Satan and then one third of the angels followed him, and that was the first part of the mess that we as humans find ourselves in.  It was Satan who then tempted Eve and she and Adam then fell and that is also the reason that we are in the mess that we find ourselves in now because of sin.  Angels are used of God in judgment as we see and will continue to see in the Word of God. 

 

            MacArthur begins his comments on this section by writing “After the unrepentant ungodly have been judged and destroyed, and the repentant mourners have trusted in Christ and been saved, He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect.  Among their other responsibilities, angels are God’s gatherers.  In that day they will be used to gather unbelievers for judgment and punishment (Matt. 13:41, 49) and believers for reward and glory.”  Let us look at these two verses from Matthew 13 “"The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness,” (41).  “"So it will be at the end of the age; the angels will come forth and take out the wicked from among the righteous,” (49).

 

            Another subject to look at in the Word of God is a study of the trumpet as it is used for different purposes, and the most exciting time the trumpet is used in my opinion is found if 1 Thessalonians where we read “16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words” (4:16-17).

 

            Now referring to what is going on here in Matthew 24:31 we see that the trumpet is being used to announce important convocations, and the sound of the angel’s great trumpet wall signal the assembling of all God’s saints on earth, from wherever they might be, from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.  MacArthur concludes by writing “Many of them will doubtless still be hiding in caves fearful for their lives.  The gathered ones will include the 144,000 Jewish witnesses, their converts, and the converts of the angelic preachers.  They will include the Old Testament saints, gathered out of their graves and joined with their redeemed spirits.  Those will be a assembled together before Christ and ushered into the glory of His eternal kingdom.”

            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  It seems to me that a number of things are going on in my life at this time as the Lord has drawn my thoughts to the end-times in my studies of Matthew 24, a chapter that is all about the end times along with chapter 25, and this just happens to be where I am at this time in my study of Matthew.  On my other blog I am posting my study of the book of Daniel, also much about the end-times.  In my Sunday school class I am teaching through the book of Zechariah, which also has the theme of the end-times in it.  The Lord used the end-times messages almost 50 years ago to bring me to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and it has always been very important for me to study it as I study the Word of God.

 

            I look at what is going on in the Middle East at this time and I see many of the important players being involved in a war that was started by Iran, I see the most important player, Israel involved in this war.  I see Russia aliening itself with Iran, something that the Bible talks about that will happen during the end times.  What does all of this mean?  I hope and pray that it means that the Rapture of the church is very close to happening.  Think about for a moment if the rapture were to happen very shortly.  This event will cause much chaos in the world as millions of people will just disappear.  In my opinion it will cause a halt to what is going on in the Middle East at this time.  What then could happen is that a ruler from the Old Roman Empire could step in and begin to settle things down by signing a peace treaty with Israel as Daniel 9 speaks of which will begin the last seven years of man ruling on planet earth, for at the end of those seven years the Lord will return to set up His Kingdom for 1000 years.  Like a Pastor I once had where he said “I am looking for the Upper Taker and not the undertaker” which is what I am also looking for especially as things in the Middle East are happening at this time.

 

            My Steps of Faith for Today:  I trust the Lord’s perfect timing in all of this!!

 

1/19/2024 8:49 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment