Sunday, January 28, 2024

An Unchanging Authority" (Matt. 25:35b)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 1/28/2024 7:51 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                                  Focus:  “An Unchanging Authority”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Matthew 24:35b

 

            Message of the verse:  “but My words shall not pass away.”

 

            I mentioned in the last SD that it would be short, but it was longer than I thought it would be as the Lord laid some things on my heart that I had to express in that SD.  Today’s SD will be short as I will just quote from what John MacArthur has to say about this last part of verse 35 that are written in his commentary. 

 

            Finally, Jesus declared, although the heaven and the earth will pass away, My Words shall never pass away.  On another occasion He said, ‘It is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one stroke of a letter of the Law’ that is, His Word, ‘to fail’ (Luke 16:17).  It is not possible for the Word of God to be broken (John 10:35), including what Jesus says here about the end time.  The psalmist established the same great truth when he wrote that Scripture is ‘clean, enduring forever (Ps. 19:9).  Whatever is touched by sin must pass away.  The Word is untouched!  It is like silver refined seven times in a furnace of fire—utterly pure (Ps. 12:6).”

 

            We live on a sin cursed earth, sin cursed because of what first happened in the garden of Eden when both Adam and Eve sinned, causing every other person ever born, with the exception of Jesus Christ, to be born with a sin nature, and that is why we all sin.  As I think about the Word of God which Jesus is talking about here and the other references that John MacArthur brought up from the Scriptures it amazes me that His Words are the only real pure thing left on planet earth, and it is by God’s grace and mercy that I am able to read and understand the truth of His Word because of the Holy Spirit who lives within me, and that happened when the Lord Jesus saved me 50 years and two days ago.  For that I am ever thankful.

 

1/28/2024 8:05 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment