Tuesday, January 10, 2017

PT-4 "Inheritance" (Col. 1:12)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 1/10/2017 4:35 PM

My Worship Time                                                                                 Focus:  PT-4 “Inheritance”

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Colossians 1:12

            Message of the verses:  “12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.”

            Now I will begin with a question:  How do we know that we are guaranteed to receive this inheritance that God has promised to give to us?  I know I can’t wait for you answers to this question so I have to tell you, and I will tell you by looking at Ephesians 1:13-14 “13  In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation-having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory.”  Of course the answer is the Holy Spirit who is given to every true believer at the moment of their salvation as a pledge or a down payment that the promises that God has for all believers will happen.  John MacArthur says “Pledge’ translates arrabon, which is similar to the modern Greek word for engagement ring.  Arrabon could also be translated ‘guarantee,’ or ‘down-payment.’  God has give us the Holy Spirit as the first installment on our future inheritance.  That is an objective fact, not dependent on our feelings.  Studying ‘the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and to give you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified’ (Acts 20:32) results in a greater richness and understanding of our glorious inheritance.”

            Believers are so blessed to have not only the Word of God, but also the Holy Spirit of God to help us understand this great inheritance that He has promised to all of His children, those who have been born from above.  Paul writes the following which is something he prayed for in Ephesians 1:18 “18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints.”

            I realize that it has taken us a while to get through this word inheritance, but seeing how important this to understand as a believer I think that the time was well spent.  I know that even though I have heard of this before it was very enlightening for me to study this once again and to remember this when times are not going so well as I can realize that the inheritance that I have in Christ will help me to focus on Him.

We will next look at the word “deliverance” which is found in the 13th verse of Colossians chapter one.

1/10/2017 4:50 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment