Thursday, September 1, 2022

The Result (Matt. 16:17a)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 9/1/2022 8:50 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                                                          Focus:  “The Result”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Matthew 16:17a

 

            Message of the verse:  “And Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Barjona,”

 

            This will be a rather short SD for today as we look at the results of the question that Jesus asked the disciples, and then tomorrow we will begin to look at “The Source,” Lord willing.

 

            The ones that truly confess that Jesus is God, and this is to confess Him as Lord, and Savior as seen in 1 John 4:14-15, are divinely and eternally blessed.  14 We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.”  MacArthur writes “They are ‘blessed…with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,’ chosen ‘in Him before the foundation of the world…[to] be holy and blameless before Him,’ and ‘in love [are] predestined…to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself’ (Eph. 1:3-5).  God pours out all His supernatural resources on those who come to Him through faith in His Son, because through Him they become God’s own children.

           

            “Emphasizing Peter’s human inadequacy, Jesus called him by his original family name, Simon Barjona, the second part of the name being an Aramaic term that meant son of Jonah (or John).”

 

            Spiritual meaning for my life today:  I am thankful for this truth that we see here in this short part of verse 16:17a, because this is what I did when the Lord called me to be born-again back on January 26, 1974.  I am thankful to be able to serve my Lord since that day, and look forward to continue serving Him until He comes again in the clouds at the Rapture of the Church.

 

My Steps of Faith for Today:  I am so very thankful that I was not the car in front of me coming home from church last night who slammed into a large truck that was, for some reason, parked right on the right side of the road without any lights on to be able to see it.  I continue to pray for those who were involved in that accident.  I called 911 right away and told them what happened.  The accident occurred not far from the Highway Pastoral’s office and they got there right away.  It still makes me very uneasy this morning as I run what happened over in my mind.

 

9/1/2022 9:08 AM

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment