Tuesday, March 19, 2024

PT-1 "Intro to Matt. 25:31-46"

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 3/19/2024 8:35 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                         Focus:  PT-1 “Intro to Matthew 25:31-46”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                              Reference:  Matthew 25:31-46

 

            Message of the verses:  31 "But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 “All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33  and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. 34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 ‘For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 ‘And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 ‘When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 “The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’ 41 "Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ 44  "Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?’ 45 "Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

 

            I began to listen to the sermons that go along with these verses while on my walk yesterday and the first sermon looked at only two verses, so I have to say that it may take us a little while to get through these verses.  These are the last verses in the 25th chapter of Matthew, the last verses of what is called “The Olivet Discourse” in which the Lord Jesus Christ was sitting on the Mount of Olives talking to His disciples, and answering a question that they asked in Matthew 24:2-3 “2 And He said to them, "Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, not one stone here will be left upon another, which will not be torn down." 3 As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"  The question that they asked was in response to the question that Jesus asked them and we have been looking at His answer to that since the 19th of November, 2023.  I have mentioned that Matthew chapters 24-25 speak of what will go on in the Tribulation period which will begin when the Antichrist signs a treaty with Israel to allow them to, in my opinion, to build their temple and begin once again animal sacrifices there.  In the middle of the seven years the “abomination of desolations” will begin and Israel will be in great trouble for the last three and a half years of the tribulation period which will end with the second coming of Jesus Christ as described in the 19th chapter of the book of Revelation.

 

            Ok, I got a little off track, but as many of you who read my Spiritual Diaries that go onto my blogs they know that it was through the prophetic word of God that He used to bring me salvation a little over 50 years ago, and so I always get excited about the prophetic Word of God as in looking at it one can see that God is in total charge of His world, and one can also see that there are prophecies that have been fulfilled which gives a person the understanding that what God says He will do, He will do, and one of the things that God says He will do is to save those who realize that they are sinners, repent of their sins and ask the Lord Jesus Christ to come into their lives to save them.  He will do that and give that person the Holy Spirit to live in them to guide them as they walk with the Lord.  The result of this salvation is that one day those who are saved will be with the Lord in heaven forever.

 

            Well I guess we will begin this introduction to these verses in the next SD.

 

Spiritual meaning for my life today:  I am thankful for the call to salvation that the Lord gave to me on the 26th of January, 1974.

 

My Steps of Faith for Today:  I trust the Lord that He will guide me as I walk with Him today.

 

3/19/2024 8:59 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment