Friday, March 8, 2024

PT-1 "The Reaction We Have" (Matt. 25:16-18)

 

SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 3/8/2024 10:04 AM

 

My Worship Time                                                              Focus:  PT-1 “The Reaction We Have”

 

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                    Reference:  Matt. 25:16-18

 

            Message of the verses:  16 "Immediately the one who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and gained five more talents. 17 “In the same manner the one who had received the two talents gained two more. 18 “But he who received the one talent went away, and dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.”

 

            It can be seen that the first slave mentioned was very anxious to serve his master and so he went out immediately and got to work and doubled the amount from five to ten talents.  MacArthur writes “This man represents the genuine believer whose supreme desire is to serve God, fulfilling what Jesus declared to be the first and greatest commandment, to ‘love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might’ (Deut. 6:5; cf. Matt. 22:37).”

 

            Now as we look at the word “traded” here is the following way that Strongs talks about this word: 

 

“AV-work 22, wrought 7, do 3, minister about 1, forbear working + 3361 1, labour for 1, labour 1, commit 1, trade by 1, trade 1; 39

 

1) to work, labour, do work

2) to trade, to make gains by trading, "do business"

3) to do, work out

3a) exercise, perform, commit

3b) to cause to exist, produce

4) to work for, earn by working, to acquire”

 

            In my opinion I don’t think that this slave went out and made a good deal and very rapidly doubled the talents, but that he took his time and worked very hard in doing business in order to double the talents.

 

            I am going to end this rather short SD by talking about the spiritual aspect of this parable, and that is the winning of souls for the cause of Christ.  I believe that the first thing that a brand new born-again believer desires to do is to tell others about their new life in Christ, I know that was my experience.  I have mentioned that I became a believer while visiting a friend in Florida and listening to some tape messages by Hal Lindsey on the end times.  The first think that I did was call my wife who had to stay home in Cleveland because of her work.  When I go home I began to tell others who I worked with about my new life in Christ.  I was a changed man as before the Lord saved me I could not say a sentence without a curse word in it and the Lord took that completely away from me.  People in my work place knew I was different.  I remember telling a friend of mine what happened to me and asked him if he wanted to accept Christ, but the words that I told him ment nothing to him.  Now as I put some of my Spiritual Diaries onto Face Book stories this man is reading those stories and so perhaps the Lord will do a work in his grieving heart to save him.  I say grieving because his wife recently passed away.

 

3/8/2024 10:24 AM

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment