MORNING SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 9/8/2026
9:12 AM
My
Worship Time Focus: PT-2 Intro to “Receptivity to the Gospel: The
Parable of the Soils”
Bible
Reading & Meditation Reference: “Luke 8:4-15”
Message of the verses: “4 Now when a large crowd was coming
together, and those from the various cities were journeying to Him, He spoke by
way of a parable: 5 “The sower went out to sow his seed; and as he sowed, some
fell beside the road, and it was trampled underfoot, and the birds of the sky
ate it up. 6 Other seed fell on rocky soil, and when it came up, it withered
away because it had no moisture. 7 Other seed fell among the thorns; and the
thorns grew up with it and choked it out. 8 And yet other seed fell into the
good soil, and grew up, and produced a crop a hundred times as much.” As He
said these things, He would call out, “The one who has ears to hear, let him
hear.” 9 Now His disciples began asking Him what this parable meant. 10 And He
said, “To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God,
but to the rest they are told in parables, so that while seeing they may not
see, and while hearing they may not understand. 11 “Now this is the parable:
the seed is the word of God. 12 And those beside the road are the ones who have
heard, then the devil comes and takes away the word from their heart, so that
they will not believe and be saved. 13 Those on the rocky soil are the ones
who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and yet these do not have a
firm root; they believe for a while, and in a time of temptation they fall
away. 14 And the seed which fell among the thorns, these are the ones who have
heard, and as they go on their way they are choked by worries, riches, and pleasures
of this life, and they bring no fruit to maturity. 15 But the seed in the good
soil, these are the ones who have heard the word with a good and virtuous
heart, and hold it firmly, and produce fruit with perseverance.
As per usual I will quote this introduction from the
commentary of John MacArthur.
I realize that I did not get too far
in last evening’s SD, and I don’t think that I will get very far in this
morning's SD as in MacArthur’s commentary which I will be quoting this morning
he has a list of verses that I wish to quote, 23 is the number and so I which
to do them all in one SD, but probably in this evening’s SD.
“The parable the Lord related in
this passage answers the question of why throughout redemptive history most
people have rejected the gospel (Matt. 7:14; 22:14; Luke 13:23-24).
(Matt. 7:14; 22:14; Luke 13:23-24)
“14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard
that leads to life, and those who find it are few.”
“14 For many are called, but few are
chosen."
“23 ¶ And someone said to him, “Lord, will those who
are saved be few?” And he said to them, 24
"Strive to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you,
will seek to enter and will not be able.”
It is
crucial to a proper understanding of evangelism, and reveals what kind of
responses believers can expect when the present the gospel. Jesus’ simple illustration provides profound
and unforgettable insight into the subject of receptivity to the gospel. He makes it clear that the issue is not the
gospel message, nor is it the skill of methodology of those proclaiming
it. The determining factor is the condition of the hearer’s
heart.
“The importance of the heart cannot
be overstated. ‘Watch over your heart
with all diligence,’ counseled Solomon, ‘for from it flow the springs of life’
(Prov. 4:23). Jesus noted that ‘the
mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart’ (Matt. 12:34), and warned that ‘the
things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart and those defile the
man. For out of the heart come evil
thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornication, thefts, false witness, slanders’
(Matt. 15:18-19; cf. Mark 7:21-23).
(Matt. 15:18-19; cf. Mark 7:21-23)
“18 But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from
the heart, and this defiles a person. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts,
murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander.”
“21 For from within, out of the heart of man,
come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22 coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality,
envy, slander, pride, foolishness. 23
All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.’”
I believe it is best to stop here because
of the large list of verses that are next in this section and so I will try and
quote all of these verses along with the topics of them in this evening’s SD.
Spiritual
Meaning for my life today: Keep my heart cleans so that I can do the
things that the Lord has planned for me to do.
My
Steps of Faith for Today: I am trusting the Lord to give me peace as I
continue this mourning process over the death of my wife. No one can truly understand what the loss of
a spouse does unless they have gone through it themselves.
9/8/2026
9:48 AM
No comments:
Post a Comment