Wednesday, August 31, 2016

2nd Intro to Zechariah 10


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 8/31/2016 1:49 PM

My Worship Time                                                            Focus:  Introduction to Zech. Chapter 10

Bible Reading & Meditation                                     Reference:  Zechariah 10

            In the tenth chapter of the book of Zechariah we will look at, once again, the Redemption of Israel, as this is one of the great themes of the book of Zechariah, and other OT and NT books of the Bible.  Many in the church age do not agree with this, that is that Israel will be once again be the focus of what God is doing on planet earth, as right now the focus is on the church, but once the Rapture of the church takes place then the focus will once again go back to the nation of Israel as we can see in Revelation chapters 6-19 which is the 70th week of Daniel’s prophecy as seen in the 9th chapter of the book of Daniel.  I have mentioned in earlier Spiritual Diaries that I truly believe that what is going on in different churches today comes from Satan who hates Israel because of the fact that Jesus Christ came from Israel, from the tribe of Judah, and the clan of David to bring about salvation to those who believe that He is who He says He is.  During His death and resurrection it also doomed Satan for He was judged during that time and so Satan hates the Jews and will do anything to draw attention away from them and so I believe his plan was to deceive those in the church to believe that God is done with the Jews and the wonderful blessings described in the OT belong to the church, not Israel.  Well we would have to take out many parts of both the Old and New Testaments for this to happen, even this 10th chapter of Zechariah along with the 11th chapter of the book of Romans and chapters 6-19 of Revelation and many other promises that were given to Israel by God.

            John MacArthur has the following to say as he previews this tenth chapter of the book of Zechariah “Now when Israel is saved, what happens? What all is involved in their redemption? That is the theme of chapter 10. Just exactly what occurs? What are the constituent benefits of salvation? Well, this morning I had eight points to my sermon and that's how many there are tonight. I must have been thinking in terms of eight this week, but that's the way this chapter broke down. It's a short chapter. It will go by quickly. Watch as we look at it.”

            I cannot say how difficult it has been for me as we get into these last chapters of the book of Zechariah which talk mostly about the future of Israel, as they are difficult chapters for me to understand, and I do want to understand them so that I can, as I always strive to do, put the truth onto the pages of my Spiritual Diaries.  By God’s grace and His Spirit’s intervention into my heart that will be accomplished.

8/31/2016 2:26 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment