Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Divine Restoration (Zech. 10:5-7)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 9/7/2016 8:51 AM

My Worship Time                                                                              Focus:  Divine Restoration

Bible Reading & Meditation                                            Reference:  Zechariah 10:5-7

            Message of the verse:  5 "They will be as mighty men, Treading down the enemy in the mire of the streets in battle; And they will fight, for the LORD will be with them; And the riders on horses will be put to shame. 6  "I will strengthen the house of Judah, And I will save the house of Joseph, And I will bring them back, Because I have had compassion on them; And they will be as though I had not rejected them, For I am the LORD their God and I will answer them. 7  "Ephraim will be like a mighty man, And their heart will be glad as if from wine; Indeed, their children will see it and be glad, Their heart will rejoice in the LORD.”

            I have to say that this will be a very short SD from these verses as Zechariah is talking about the restoration of all of Israel as he talks about Judah, the southern kingdom and also the house of Joseph which speaks of the Northern kingdom.  I have mentioned when we studied the book of Ezekiel that we saw in Ezekiel 37:16  "And you, son of man, take for yourself one stick and write on it, ’For Judah and for the sons of Israel, his companions’; then take another stick and write on it, ’For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim and all the house of Israel, his companions.’ 17 “Then join them for yourself one to another into one stick, that they may become one in your hand. 18 “When the sons of your people speak to you saying, ’Will you not declare to us what you mean by these?’ 19 say to them, ’Thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel, his companions; and I will put them with it, with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they will be one in My hand."’ 20 “The sticks on which you write will be in your hand before their eyes. 21 “Say to them, ’Thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I will take the sons of Israel from among the nations where they have gone, and I will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; 22 and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king will be king for all of them; and they will no longer be two nations and no longer be divided into two kingdoms.”  In May of 1948 the leader of Israel was wondering what the nation should be called and this prophecy was given to him and thus their country was called Israel as there was no longer any division like there was before.

            So we see in our passage from Zechariah that God is going to empower the people of Israel and will bring them back together again.

9/7/2016 9:11 AM

             

No comments:

Post a Comment