Sunday, July 3, 2016

5th Anniversary SD


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 7/3/2016 9:16 PM

My Worship Time                                                                              Focus:  Intro to John 9:1-12

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  John 9:1-12

            Message of the verses:  “1 As He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth. 2 And His disciples asked Him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?" 3 Jesus answered, "It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him. 4 “We must work the works of Him who sent Me as long as it is day; night is coming when no one can work. 5 “While I am in the world, I am the Light of the world." 6 When He had said this, He spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and applied the clay to his eyes, 7  and said to him, "Go, wash in the pool of Siloam" (which is translated, Sent). So he went away and washed, and came back seeing.

    “8 Therefore the neighbors, and those who previously saw him as a beggar, were saying, "Is not this the one who used to sit and beg?" 9 Others were saying, "This is he," still others were saying, "No, but he is like him." He kept saying, "I am the one." 10 So they were saying to him, "How then were your eyes opened?" 11 He answered, "The man who is called Jesus made clay, and anointed my eyes, and said to me, ’Go to Siloam and wash’; so I went away and washed, and I received sight." 12 They said to him, "Where is He?" He said, "I do not know.’”

            Now before we begin to look at this introduction to this first section of the ninth chapter of John I want to make a few comments, comments that have some milestones in them.  First of all it was five years ago today July, 3, 2011, while living in Hawaii that the first blog post was put on this blog site.  I had just finished going through the books of 2 Kings, and 2 Chronicles, as I was doing them together, and was about to move into the book of Nehemiah when I believed that the Spirit of God moved me to begin my blogs.  I had been encouraged to put my Spiritual Diaries onto the internet by my daughter and also a friend of mine quite a while before I began these blogs, but it was then five years ago that I put the first post onto www.2twokens.blogspot.com. 

            What has happened since then?  Well as far as the posts that I have put onto these two blog sites there have been over 4500 of them.  We are now in the OT book of Zechariah so that means that we have moved through many OT books in these past five years.  As far as how many of the Spiritual Diaries that has been looked at it now totals over 75,000 with more being added each day, and as far as who has looked at these I am not familiar with the people who look at them with a few exceptions, but only know from what country people look at them.  There have been people look at these Spiritual Diaries from every continent in the world with the exception of Antarctic, as I don’t remember there anyone from that continent who has looked at any of the posts. 

            After putting my Spiritual Diaries onto these two different blog sites in the morning I look to see from what countries there have been people look at them and also look at what posts have been looked at and then I pray for those who have looked at these posts, pray that God will bless those who look at them and also that those who look at the posts will be blessed by God.  I pray for the salvation of those who don’t know Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and then pray for the Spiritual growth for those believers who have looked at the different posts.  I also pray for revival to be a part of those believers who look at the posts.  One more thing I pray for and that comes from a prayer that I pray for our Pastors on the weekends.  It goes like this “2 Thessalonians 3:1 ‘Finally, brethren, pray for us that the word of the Lord will spread rapidly and be glorified, just as it did also with you.’  MacArthur writes what this means:  ‘Pray that I’ll have an opportunity to speak.  Secondly, when that opportunity presents itself pray that I will speak as I ought to speak.  And how I ought to speak is boldly and clearly.  And then the third component is when I have spoken in that opportunity boldly and clearly, pray that the Word may spread from there and be glorified.  What is that?  The right response, that men will honor it; they will glorify it by obeying it.  The word ‘spread rapidly’ literally in the Greek is the word to run.  It’s a track word.  Pray that it will sprint and be honored by everybody who hears it.”  Now I realize that I am not literally speaking, and so I exchange the word from speak to write.

            Ok just a few brief words about what we are going to be looking at in these 12 chapters of John chapter nine.  The first thing we see in this chapter is a real miracle, a blind man, who was blind from birth, is healed by the Lord Jesus Christ.  Now we could talk a lot about healings, but perhaps we will mention more about that in our next SD as we will look at this introduction then.  We can also mention that this chapter and this healing is a perfect picture of salvation, and perhaps that is the most important aspect of this chapter for as the chapter goes on, and the miracle is all that is written about in this chapter we see the progression of this blind man as he first calls Jesus a man and then moves onto calling Him a prophet and finally calls Him his Savior and Lord.  However even though this man was saved as seen in this chapter the miracle that Jesus does to him shows us what the songwriter said “Once I was blind, but now I see.”  We are all born spiritually dead according to Ephesians chapter two and we are all born spiritually blind. 

            One more thing and that is that I am thankful for each and every person who looks at these Spiritual Diaries and to say that I work hard to bring forth the truth of the Word of God each day so God will receive glory through these Spiritual Diaries.

Answer to yesterday’s Bible question:  “Mount Hor” (Numbers 20:25-28).  

Today’s Bible question:  “What will happen to the fashion of this world?”  (Hint:  A NT question from 1 Cor. 7).

Answer in our next SD.

7/3/2016 9:49 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment