Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Divine Power (Zechariah 8:6)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 7/26/2016 6:30 PM

My Worship Time                                                                              Focus:  Divine Power

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Zechariah 8:6

            Message of the verses:  “6 “Thus says the LORD of hosts, ’If it is too difficult in the sight of the remnant of this people in those days, will it also be too difficult in My sight?’ declares the LORD of hosts.”  MacArthur writes this verse in the proper Hebrew “Thus saith the Lord of hosts, if it be marvelous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in those days, shall it also be marvelous in my eyes says the Lord of Hosts.”

            The term “those days” refers to the time of the kingdom, which is what we have been looking at.  MacArthur also adds “This is just…you can see where God…where somebody can kind of get God’s goat in a way.  That’s a funny phrase to use, but God gets upset at one particular thing.  And that is when people don’t believe that He can really do something, see?”  As we continue to study the attributes of God in our Sunday school class we have learned that God is all powerful, God is eternal, God cannot change His mind, and God is all knowing, and that is just four of His attributes for things that help us understand who God is and when you look at just those for you can understand why God is upset when people don’t believe that he can really do something.

            MacArthur states that the word “marvelous” in the Hebrew really means difficult or impossible and it is translated “difficult” in the NASB95 version. MacArthur gives the answer to the question that is in this verse, and that answer is no as we all probably have figured out.  Is anything to hard for God?  “Ah Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm! Nothing is too difficult for You (Jeremiah 32:17).”  MacArthur goes on “And what's the answer? No. What a truth. Have you learned that lesson? Divine power. He says look, this whole thing is easy for me and because it may be incredible to the remnant in that day, can you imagine what the Jew is going to think of in the midst of the tribulation? He's going to say oh, will it ever change? God will never get us out of this mess. Here we are running through the desert, heading for Edom, the anti-Christ's army chasing us. How are we going to be delivered? The battle of Armageddon, blood deep as the horses' bridles for 200 miles and it's impossible to get us out of this and they'll say that. And the Lord says just because say that is it? No.

“Boy I tell you I have no reason not to believe God. So God promises divine punishment, divine peace, divine power, and He even promises another on that begins with P. Divine populating, verse 7. I had to strain a little on that one. Verse 7, "Thus saith the Lord of hosts, behold I will save my people from the east country and from the west country and I'll bring them and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem and they shall be my people and I will be their God in truth and righteousness." You know what's going to happen in the kingdom? He's going to regather the Jews from everywhere.

“And right now there are approximately 14 million of them scattered all over the world and when the Lord comes back and sets up the kingdom, He's just going to pull them all together and bring them into Israel. And I want you to see something interesting, this could not...people say well this is just referring to the gathering from the Babylonian captivity. No way. Because nobody from Babylon was gathered from the west. Right? Babylon was directly east. And I'll show you something interesting. You know what the Hebrew literally says here? It says this, "I will save my people from the land of the rising of the sun and from the land of the going down of the sun." From one end of the globe to the other is what he's saying. I will regather Israel from the world and the same phrase is used in Psalm 50, verse 1, in Psalm 113, verse 3, and in Malachi, Chapter 1 and verse 11. Same thing "from the rising of the sun to the going down of the same, my name shall be great."

“Now is God's name to be great only in Babylon? No, in the entire earth and He goes in Malachi 1:11 to say among all nations. So it's another way of saying the whole earth and the whole world. And God is saying in the millennium I will regather my people from the face of the earth, everywhere and bring them back and bring them to Jerusalem. And you know how much Jews love Jerusalem. Did you know that many of them in America and other parts of the world that are buried are buried with a little jar of Jerusalem dirt because of the love they have for their land?

“Some day they'll be gathered. In Isaiah 43:5 and the similar prophecy of the kingdom, God says through the prophet, "I will bring thy seed from the east and gather thee from the west and I will say to the north give up and to the south keep not back, bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth. For everyone who was called by name, for I have created him for my glory." Get them all back where they belong in my place. What a wonderful promise. You know, it's kind of exciting to be alive today and I think we're getting a little kind of a preview on it don't you, as Jews are being regathered into the land.

“In Jeremiah 32, verse 38, I've got to go back there. I've been away too long. Maybe we'll get a group of people and go pretty soon. I'm not Jewish. I just like to go there. But I am going to be there in the kingdom so I'd like to pick out my spot. Jeremiah 32:38, "And they shall be my people and I will be their God and I will give them one heart and one way that they may fear me forever for the good of them and of their children after them and I will make an everlasting covenant with them and I'll not turn away from doing them good. But I'll put my fear in their hearts that they shall not depart from me. Yea, I will rejoice over them in doing them good and I'll plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul." Don't you love that?

“God says I just want to do them good. God even says that anger is my strange work, my normal work is to do good to the people who are my people. And I'll do it with my whole heart and my whole soul. And believe me when God does that, He does it well. So a nation to be saved and a nation to be regathered. Verse 8 says "and they shall be my people. I'll be their God in truth and righteousness." He isn't just gathering them politically; He isn't just gathering economically, He's gathering them for conversion. The nation is going to come to Christ as Romans 11 says, "So all Israel shall be saved.  7/26/2016 6:49 PM

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment