Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Divine Populating (Zech. 8:7-8)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 7/27/2016 7:44 PM

My Worship Time                                                                              Focus:  Divine Populating

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Zech. 8:7

            Message of the verse:  “7 “Thus says the LORD of hosts, ’Behold, I am going to save My people from the land of the east and from the land of the west; 8 and I will bring them back and they will live in the midst of Jerusalem; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God in truth and righteousness.’”

            The first thing that I have to say is that in reality we went over this section in our last SD when I gave a very large quote from John MacArthur’s sermon at the end of the SD.  I think what we will do is go over this once more and then we will look at the next element in our next SD which will be “Divine Prosperity,” which comes from verse nine and following.

            I suppose that there are some who state that what is being talked about here is the Jews going back to Jerusalem from Babylon, but that is not the case, as we have been talking about things that will happen in the kingdom for a while and so this continues to talk about the kingdom.  I am not sure how many Jews there are in the world, but a website I looked at states that there are now 16 million Jewish people scattered around the world.  According to that website there are 6.1 Jewish people living in Israel, and 5.7 living in the United States so that makes 11.8 million and so the other 4.2 million are living in other parts of the world.  It is interesting to me how people can count how many Jews are living around the world, just think of that fact for a moment as there is no other people group in the world quite like the Jews.  Did you ever wonder what that is true?  Well the Bible tells us that this is what is going to happen and the reason is that they are God’s special people and He has a future for them, not so with any other people group.  Now you may wonder why I don’t use the term “race” and that is because there is only one race on this planet and that is the human race.  There are different people groups, but only one race, and God is telling us that in the Millennial Kingdom the Jewish population is going to grow, and grow as the fulfillments of the kingdom promises will be fulfilled during that time period.

            Ok I think that I will stop at this point and if you want more info on this subject look at the SD from yesterday as it will give you some more.

7/27/2016 8:09 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment