Saturday, May 7, 2016

The Assurance (Zech. 3:6-7)


SPIRITUAL DIARY FOR 5/7/2016 9:27 PM

My Worship Time                                                                                        Focus:  The Assurance

Bible Reading & Meditation                                                 Reference:  Zechariah 3:6-7

            Message of the verses:  “6 And the angel of the LORD admonished Joshua, saying, 7 “Thus says the LORD of hosts, ’If you will walk in My ways and if you will perform My service, then you will also govern My house and also have charge of My courts, and I will grant you free access among these who are standing here.”  “6 The angel of the LORD gave this charge to Joshua: 7 “This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘If you will walk in my ways and keep my requirements, then you will govern my house and have charge of my courts, and I will give you a place among these standing here (NIV).”

            We have discussed who the angel of the Lord is, and it is none other than the preincarnate Jesus Christ and it is He who gave the charge to Joshua, and the reason he did this was because since he had already been cleansed by God, he now has responsibility , for cleansing and restoration always involve responsibility.  These priests, including Joshua were not put on probation, for they were cleansed and they were then restored to service.  However there is something that they need to realize and that is that their service depended on their faithfulness to the Lord and also to His Word.  Realize this:  It is always a privilege to serve the Lord.

            Dr. Wiersbe concludes this section of his commentary:  “I will give you a place among these standing here’ (v. 7 NIV) indicates that Joshua’s service was in cooperation with the angels of God!  (See v. 4, ‘those who stood before him.’)  The angels are God’s servants, obeying His every command without fail, and God’s earthly servants are united with them in accomplishing His will.  ‘Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven’ (Matt. 6:10, NKJV).  God’s invisible messengers play a vital part in His plans both for Israel (Dan. 10:10-21; Matt. 24:31) and the church (Heb. 1:13-14).”

5/7/2016 9:44 PM   

No comments:

Post a Comment